Please support your child by reading with them every evening for about 15 minutes.
Reading regularly will also:
- Build confidence
- Build a wider range of vocabulary
- Help with spelling
- Build a rich imagination
Don't forget to record it in your diary. Reading =Dojo points.
Homework Task Booklet
The children will each receive a booklet containing a small maths and English activity to be completed each week. The booklets will go out every Monday and to be returned the following Monday with tasks completed. For the Maths tasks children can pick either bronze, silver or gold. Bronze being the easiest and gold being the hardest. The tasks are designed for children to be able to complete them independently. If any problems please ask. Happy homeworking.
Please practise times tables up to 12 x 12. Children are expected to recall all these times tables and know the division facts. At the end of year 4, children will be completing a times table test on the computer. They will only have 6 seconds to answer each question so they must know them well! Also, the times tables are in the back of the reading diaries. The children's new times table books will continue to be sent out on a Monday with the next weeks work out to be completed.
Words of the Week
Please practise them at home with you child ready for the spelling test on Monday morning. (Children will write the 10 words in their diaries)
- Can you read the word?
- Do you know what the word means? Look at the prefixes and suffixes- how do they change the meaning of the word?
- Can you spell the word? How have you learnt to spell it (phonics, chunking, rhyme)?
- Can you use it correctly in a sentence.
- Do you know more than one meaning of the word> Does the meaning depend on how the word is used in the sentence (verb, adjective, noun, adverb)?
This half term, Physical Education will take place every Monday and Wednesday for Bronte class and every Thursday and Friday for Pankhurst class. We will be doing athletics and Commando Joe. Please ensure your child has their PE kit in school as it is part of school uniform.