Welcome to Year 2 - Tennyson
Welcome to Year 2 Tennyson Class!
Hello! My name is Miss Cao and welcome to our class page! The amazing Teaching Assistants who make up the team are Mrs Whistler and Mrs O'Connor.
Coming up this half term...
- 'Fun with Phonics' workshop for parents and carers ... Watch this space!
- KS1 Nativity Performance on Tuesday 13th (afternoon) and Wednesday 14th (morning) December
- Christmas party on Monday 19th December - see letter closer to the time
What we have been learning in Maths...
- 2, 5, 10 and 3 times tables
- adding and subtraction using partitioning method
- multiplying and dividing numbers by 2, 5, 10 and 3
- Measuring length, capacity and weight
What we have been learning in English...
- Adding detail to our stories to interest our readers
- Adjectives, nouns, verbs and adverbs
- Spelling key words
- Practising handwriting
Summer 1 - If you shrank, which bug would you hug?
This term year 2 are learning all about mini-beasts! We are studying life cycles, habitats and plants and what they need to grow.
So far this half term, we have planted our broad bean seeds, learnt about the parts of an insect and flowers and even taken part in a bug hunt in Forest Schools.
We have lots of Quest Challenges that the children have set - we can't wait to add them to our displays to brighten up our classrooms!
Here are some pictures of our adventures so far...
Why not explore some of these games and videos on rainy days when it's difficult to get outside:
Look at our fantastic learning we have been this week...
Please support us at home by:
- Reading at least 3 times a week and recording this in reading diaries
- Practise the 2, 5, 10 and 3 times tables - it would be great if you could do this on a regular basis!
- Please complete any other given homework