Welcome to Foundation 1 - Darwin
2017- Autumn 1
Our First School Dinner
We are making green playdough
We are learning how to share
We know how to line up and how to be good listeners
We love Finger Gym! It helps strengthen our hand muscles- ready for writing
We brush our teeth everyday
Learning our rhyme of the week- Hickory Dickory Dock!
Open evening with parents
Tips to help you enjoy books together every day
- Make animals noises or sounds effects-these help to bring the story to life and will make you both laugh!
- Cuddle up together or get brothers and sisters to join in and enjoy stories and rhymes together.
- Ask questions when you're reading together such as: "What can you see on this page?" "How do you think the characters feel?"
- Let your child be the storyteller. They can "read" the pictures to you and talk about what's happening on the page.
- Find somewhere quiet away from noise, television and mobile phones.
- If you feel comfortable, try pulling funny faces or putting on character voices-these always make children giggle!
The more you talk together, the more words your child will learn